Shawsheen Valley Regional Vocational Technical School District is a student-centered institution and the home to the Rams. We serve the five towns of Billerica, Bedford, Burlington, Tewksbury, and Wilmington. With a student population of more than 1300 students, we offer 21 vocational career pathways, twenty-two varsity sports programs, and a variety of student club organizations. In the fall of 2011, Shawsheen Tech will expand our technical program offerings in a new life science wing. The wing will house medical laboratory technician, health assisting and dental assisting. Shawsheen Tech prides itself in its teaching and support staff. Comprised of nearly 200 individuals, the staff share the same common goal of student success. These individuals are steadfast in their tireless efforts contributing to our incredible daily attendance, graduation and MCAS percentages. Shawsheen Tech holds its mission statement and philosophy at the forefront to create a positive, safe learning environment and school culture that represents respect for the vocational learning experience.
The Shawsheen Valley Regional Technical School District will offer a high school experience that optimizes student aptitude, achievement, and skills by integrating vocational-technical and academic curricula, in order to prepare students to begin adult life and careers immediately and independently.
We envision that the Shawsheen Valley Regional Vocational Technical School District will:
- Expect students to reach high academic and technical achievement standards
- Promote decision-making based upon the analysis of data and related information
- Employ a faculty that is highly qualified and models adult careers
- Maintain a state-of-the-art facility that meets industry standards in every field
- Practice sound and responsible fiscal management to provide appropriate resources for instruction
- Foster community partnerships for the purpose of community service and integrating work experience with school programs
Students of all abilities can learn:
- Learning benefits from knowledge being combined with application
- Instruction is dependent upon a well-trained, caring, competent faculty and staff
- Support services are important to the enhancement of learning
- Involvement of parents and guardians is essential to student growth and success
- Students are nurtured to become reflective, moral, and ethical citizens
"Shawsheen Valley Technical High School is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the provision of quality educational programs for all students.Shawsheen Valley does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age or sexual orientation."