The Computer Aided Drafting Department educators and the advisory committee at Shawsheen Valley Technical High School is a collaboration of professionals, industry leaders and educators working together to create a comprehensive technical drafting and architectural drafting program for our students. The goal of our computer aided drafting department is to inspire a new generation of draftsmen, designers, engineers and architects through the implementation of industry-leading software, curriculum and multi-media content.
Our computer aided drafting department allows students the ability to explore career paths through real world projects, while establishing a solid understanding of science, engineering, architecture, technology and mathematics.
Our goal is to bring together some of the foremost design, engineers, drafting and industry professionals to share knowledge and teach a foundation of design and drafting principles with practical application.
Drafting Department Curriculum Includes:
- Fundamental design/drafting concepts and principals
- Mechanical engineering drawing and design
- Architectural drafting and design
- Electronic engineering drafting
The computer aided drafting department is committed to empowering students and inspiring a new generation of designers, drafters and engineers and architects through the implementation of industry-leading software, design, software, curriculum and multi-media content.
- Massasoit 2 year Community College
- Middlesex 2 year Community College
- Ben Franklin Institute of Technology 4 year College
- New England Institute of Technology 4 year college