Principal's Update - May 27th 2022
Dear Shawsheen Students, Parents/Guardians, and Colleagues,
Congratulations to our seniors who completed their last official day of school yesterday! We look forward to cheering you on at next week's graduation ceremony, and to seeing you at the various events planned for seniors next week.
Reminder: Wednesday, June 1, 2022 - Senior Breakfast, Vocational Awards, and Graduation Rehearsal
Attendance is Mandatory for All Seniors:
- 8:00 am – Arrive at Cafeteria for Senior Breakfast
- Following Breakfast (report to the gymnasium)
- Vocational Awards
- Graduation Rehearsal
- Graduation tickets will be distributed
- 6 per student if outdoors
- 2 per student if indoors
- Student records will be distributed
- End of event = The Cookie Monstah truck in student parking lot
Reminder: Thursday, June 2, 2022 - Graduation for the Class of 2022
Graduation will begin at 6pm with the processional of the Class of 2022. Seniors must arrive to school by 5:30pm and report to their room assignments (which will be given to students at graduation rehearsal) wearing their caps and gowns. Students are reminded not to forget their tassels or stoles. Students who cannot remember their room assignments should enter via the doors by the cafeteria where room lists will be posted for students to review. Students are reminded not to wear pointy, high-heeled shoes on the turf field.
Guests may enter the football field starting at 4:30pm. Seats will be available in the bleachers, on the track, and on the field, on a first-come, first-serve basis. Seating accommodations for guests with wheel chairs will be available on the bleachers and the track. Each graduate will be provided with tickets for six guests – guests must have their tickets in order to enter. The event will be live-streamed for those planning to participate remotely. The link for the live-stream will be shared next week.
In the event that a significant change in the forecast occurs and forces us to delay the ceremony until the rain date, notifications will be sent out via phone, text, email, and social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).
The rain date for graduation is Friday, June 3, 2022 at 3pm. In the event of inclement weather that evening as well, the ceremony will be moved indoors at Burlington High School.
Parent Volunteers Needed for the All Night Grad Party!
The Shawsheen Tech PAC is still looking for volunteers for the All Night Grad Party they are hosting on the evening of Thursday, June 2, for the Class of 2022. Time slots are available from 2pm on Thursday, June 2 through 6am on Friday, June 3. Please fill out this form to sign up for a time slot, and thank you in advance for your support!
Early Dismissal - Friday, June 3, 2022
Friday, June 3, 2022 will be a half day for students with an early dismissal time of 10:43am.
Monday, June 6, 2022 - Casa Blanca Fundraiser for the Class of 2025
SAVE THE DATE: The Class of 2025 will hold a fundraiser to raise money for the freshmen on Monday, June 6th at the Casa Blanca Mexican Restaurant on Main Street in Wilmington. 20% of the proceeds from dining in or ordering take out will go towards Shawsheen's freshman class. When you arrive, simply let them know you're there to support Shawsheen's Class of 2025. The fundraiser starts at 4:00pm. Thank you for your support!
Tuesday, June 7 - Wednesday, June 8 - Science MCAS for Sophomores
Sophomores will take the Science MCAS on Tuesday, June 7 & Wednesday, June 8. There will be no schedule changes for freshmen and juniors who will already be reporting to shops during that time since it will be during a week 2.
- Student Mental Health and Social-Emotional Wellness
- 2021-2022 SVTHS School Calendar
- Important Dates for the 2021-2022 School Year
- 2021-2022 SVTHS Student Handbook
- 2021-2022 SVTHS Program of Studies
- Aspen Family Portal
- Submit a Ticket to the Ed Tech Help Desk
- Email covid concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org
- What to Wear and Bring to Freshman Shop Exploratory
Quick Links - 2022-2023:
- Tuesday, May 31, 2022: Scholarship Night
- Wednesday, June 1, 2022: Senior Breakfast, Vocational Awards, Graduation Rehearsal, Cookie Monstah Truck & Class Day at Wamesit Lanes
- Thursday, June 2, 2022: Graduation for the Class of 2022
- Friday, June 3, 2022: Early Dismissal at 10:43am
- Friday, June 3, 2022: Rain Date for Graduation
- Tuesday, June 7 - Wednesday, June 8, 2022: Science MCAS
- Thursday, June 16: Last Day of School - Early Dismissal at 10:43am
Follow us on social media:
- Twitter: shawtech_hs and @shawtech_sports
- Instagram: shawtech_hs
- Facebook: Shawsheen Valley Regional Vocational Technical School District