Principal's Update - Friday, November 17th 2023
Dear Shawsheen Students, Parents/Guardians, and Colleagues,
It was great to have families in the building last night for teacher conferences - for those of you who were able to attend, thank you for joining us! If you were unable to schedule a conference last night or need additional time to connect with members of our staff, please connect with those individuals directly.
Quarter One Honor Roll
Congratulations to our students who earned High Honors and Honors for Quarter One! Their work ethic and achievements in both academic and vocational-technical courses is something they should all be proud of. Please join me in recognizing these students for their accomplishments.
- High Honors: to be eligible for High Honors at Shawsheen Tech, a student must receive no grade lower than an “A” for every course in which they are enrolled.
- Honor Roll: to be eligible for the Honor Roll, a student must receive a minimum grade of “B” for every course in which they are enrolled.
2023/2024 Winter Sports Registration Closes Next Wednesday!! - Click Here to Register
The following message is from the SVTHS Athletics Department:
All Student-Athletes interested in playing a Winter sport MUST register through Arbiter by Wednesday, November 22nd. All student-athletes must have a current physical uploaded to their Arbiter account.
Student-Athletes MUST also complete the following two Concussion Protocols: NFHS Concussion in Sports Course (you do not need to turn in the certificate of completion) and ImPACT Baseline Concussion Test. The ImPACT test must be completed prior to tryouts by all NEW students (9th graders & transfer students) as well as RETURNING 11th graders and any athlete who has not completed it in previous seasons .
Any questions regarding the concussion protocols, please email our Athletic Trainer, Conner Holland. If you have any questions/issues regarding setting up a FamilyID account - Click Here for Arbiter Registration Information. If you have any additional questions, please contact the Athletic Office at email@example.com.
Next Wednesday is a Half-Day for Students
Next Wednesday will be a half-day for students, with a dismissal time of 10:43am, and the school will be closed next Thursday and Friday for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Reminder: Toys for Tots
The following message is from the SVTHS SkillsUSA Leadership Team:
- 2023-2024 SVTHS School Calendar - revised September 2023
- 2023-2024 SVTHS Student Handbook
- 2023-2024 Program of Studies
- 2023-2024 SVTHS School Improvement Plan
- Aspen Family Portal
- Shawsheen DCAP
- Submit a Ticket to the Ed Tech Help Desk
- What to Wear and Bring to Freshman Shop Exploratory
- Wednesday, November 22: Half-day for students - 10:43am dismissal
- Wednesday, November 22: Winter Sports Registration Due - Click Here to Register
- Thursday, November 23 - Friday, November 24: NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving Break