Shawsheen Valley Technical High School
2022-2023 School Council Election Process for Parent/Legal Guardian Representatives
Thursday, September 8, 2022
The Shawsheen Valley Technical High School (SVTHS) School Council is charged with five major areas of responsibility, which are to assist the Principal in:
- Adopting educational goals for the school that are consistent with local educational policies and statewide student performance standards.
- Identifying the educational needs of students attending the school.
- Reviewing the annual school building budget.
- Formulating a school improvement plan.
- Reviewing the student handbook each spring to consider changes in disciplinary policy to take effect for the following school year.
The SVTHS School Council is a representative group consisting of staff, parents/legal guardians, students, and community members. The SVTHS School Council meets monthly in the School Committee Room at 2:30pm. The SVTHS School Council will meet on the following dates:
- Wednesday, October 5, 2022
- Wednesday, November 2, 2022
- Wednesday, December 7, 2022
- Wednesday, January 4, 2023
- Wednesday, February 1, 2023
- Wednesday, March 1, 2023
- Wednesday, April 5, 2023
- Wednesday, May 3, 2023
There are three spots on the School Council for parents/legal guardians of current Shawsheen students. The election process for the 2022-2023 school year will take place as follows:
- The election will be held in person, by paper ballot, between 5:30pm and 7:30pm on Tuesday, October 4, 2022 in the SVTHS cafeteria before the start of the PAC Meeting scheduled for that evening. All parents/legal guardians of current Shawsheen students are eligible to vote.
- If you are a parent/legal guardian of a current Shawsheen student and you are interested in serving on the School Council for the 2022-2023 school year, please fill out the 2022-2023 Candidate Form by Friday, September 23, 2022 to have your name included on the ballot.