Online Education Through Ed2Go
Shawsheen Tech Adult and Community Education recognizes that many of us have tight schedules or live just a little too far from our Billerica campus. As such, we've partnered with Ed2Go, an online education system that offers many of the courses we offer here on campus in an online format! You can begin these programs at any time and learn at your own pace. Upon successful completion of all required coursework, you will receive a Certificate of Completion.
There are two types of courses available, including self-paced tutorials or instructor-led fundamental courses.
Self-paced Tutorials are designed to quickly build industry skills or earn continuing education credits. They cover a wide variety of fields, and students can start anytime and work at their own pace.
- Build skills or earn continuing education credits
- Start anytime
- Most tutorials can be completed in a few hours
- Quick self-study on demand
- Supported independent study
- Certificate of completion awarded with passing score
- Students will have access to all course materials and assessments from day one. Students enjoy content developed by industry leaders and get helpful student support whenever they need it. Many tutorials can be completed in just a few hours. Upon finishing the tutorial with a passing score, they’ll receive a certificate of completion.
Instructor Led Fundamental Courses:
Each of our Fundamental Courses is six weeks long, with a built-in, ten-day grace period (automated extension) at the end. A new session starts every month, so students can sign up anytime.
Two lessons are released weekly, on Wednesday and Friday for the six-week duration of the course. Most of the Fundamentals consist of 24 hours of instruction, in which students can expect to spend about two hours per lesson, two lessons per week. Expert instructors develop and lead every course. Students interact with instructors and fellow students in lively online discussion areas.
Quizzes, assignments, the pretest, and participation in the discussion area are optional. The final exam is released at the same time as lesson 12. Upon completing the final exam with a passing score, students will receive a certificate of completion.