Shawsheen Valley Technical High School
Principal's Update - Wednesday, September 9, 2020
Dear Shawsheen Students and Parents/Guardians,
I hope you were able to relax and enjoy the wonderful weather we had over Labor Day Weekend. We are back at school this week preparing for the return of students and I have just a couple of updates for you today.
Student Schedules and the First Week of School:
As of this afternoon, student schedules can be viewed in Aspen. Parents/guardians of 9th grade students have been sent emails with login credentials for their Aspen accounts. 9th grade students will receive login credentials during the first week of school. To view your child's schedule in Aspen:
- Select the 'Family' tab at the top of the page;
- Select your child's name;
- Select the 'Schedule' tab on the left side of the page.
To view your child's courses in list form, select the 'List View' link above the schedule matrix. For 9th grade students, each of the shops they will explore has a term code that begins with an X. The number next to the X indicates when the student will explore that shop. For example, the shop listed as X01 under Term Code will be the first shop a student explores, X02 will be the second shop a student explores, and so on.
As a reminder, all 9th and 11th grade students will report to the building for the first week of school, Monday, September 14 - Friday, September 18, while 10th and 12th grade students will remain home that week and connect to their classes remotely.
Back-to-School Presentation - Thursday, September 10 at 3:00pm
I will review the information above and more during tomorrow's Back-to-School presentation at 3pm. That session will also be recorded for anyone who is unable to attend. You can connect to the live event at the following link: SVTHS Back-to-School Presentation with Ms. Cook. Similar to the previous forums, you do not have to download any applications to attend this event, it can be accessed through a web browser. The following 58 second video shows you how to connect to the Microsoft Live event with Microsoft Teams: How to Attend a Live Event with Microsoft Teams.
Make-up Days for Photographs, Book-Return & Laptop Sign-out
If you were unable to attend one of the days scheduled last week, you can report to the entrance next to the Cosmetology shop on Thursday, September 10, from 9am to 1pm to return books/materials and sign-out a school laptop (if you reserved one). The make-up photo days for students in grades 9-11 will be on Wednesday, September 16. The make-up photo day for students in grades 10 & 12 will be on Wednesday, September 23.
- Parking Passes: Please email Ms. Tobin at email@example.com to request a parking pass if you need one and have not done so already.
- Cafeteria Updates: Please contact Mr. Roach at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about our Cashless System to pay for school lunches and our Grab and Go system to pick up food from school during remote learning.
- Thursday, September 10, 2020 from 9am - 1pm: Make-up day for book return and laptop sign-out - report to the entrance next to the Cosmetology shop.
- Thursday, September 10, 2020 at 3pm: SVTHS Back-to-School Presentation with Ms. Cook.
- Monday, September 14, 2020: First day of school for students - SVTHS 2020-2021 School Calendar.
- Monday, September 21, 2020: All seniors out on co-op must report to school this day.