ISS&N / Programming & Web
The Internet is changing life as we know it – bringing new economic and social opportunities to communities throughout the world, and increasing the global demand for Information and Communication Technology (ICT) skills. Innovations such as social networking, cloud computing, e-commerce, web conferencing, and desktop virtualization are changing the way we live, work, play, and learn. These capabilities are all powered by networks, and organizations around the world are experiencing a shortage of qualified ICT candidates to design, install, and manage these networks.
Shawsheen’s students who complete the CSIT program are equipped with skills that can be used to adapt and meet the challenging workplace needs of the global shortage of experienced qualified Information and Computer Technology candidates.
- Installation, Repair & Troubleshooting of Personal Computer Systems
- Microsoft, Apple & Linux based Operating System fundamentals and troubleshooting skills
- Networking design, installation and troubleshooting of LAN, WAN, WLAN based networks
- Help Desk services & best practices
- Introduction to IOS and Android-based operating system features and functionality using tablets and smartphone devices.
- Implementation of Security protocols and practices that safeguard confidentiality, integrity and availability of personal and corporate information.
- Virtualization & Cloud-based technology implementation & Security basics
- Introduction to Entrepreneurship & Technical Solutions for Small Business Planning
- Introduction to Programming concepts using current development tools.
- Introduction Database Management
- Basic Website design using HTML and CSS programming
- Introduction to Dreamweaver
- Web 2.0 services are introduced, including Blogging and Website creation using Wordpress a Social Networking Authoring Tool.
- Safety - OSHA Safety Standards CS-106 General Industry Certification
- Ethical Issues related to electronic media.
- Computer Support Specialist
- Network or Computer Systems Administrator
- Network and Computer Security specialist
- Help Desk Technicians
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Information Security Analyst
- Computer Forensic Specialist
- Web Developers
- Computer Programmers
Programming and Web Development program
Students are prepared for CompTia’s Aplus & Microsoft Technology Associate certifications among others. Our students experience hands-on labs in class and online-based curriculum. Curriculum vendors include Cisco, Testout, VMware, and Microsoft. We are also incorporating podcasts from ITunes university and other electronic media available through Apple resources..