Shawsheen Valley Technical High School
Friday, September 30, 2022
Dear Shawsheen Students, Parents/Guardians, and Colleagues,
Next week is School Spirit & Homecoming Week at Shawsheen! You can view the flyer for School Spirit & Homecoming Week for more information on the themes for each day next week. The Homecoming Dance is scheduled for next Thursday, October 6, from 6:30pm - 9:00pm in the school cafeteria. Tickets cost $20 and are available in the school store during student lunches (on a first-come, first-served basis) until we sell out. The Homecoming Pep Rally is scheduled for the end of the school day on Friday, October 7, 2022. Thank you to the student leaders and class advisors who have planned out the spirit week, homecoming dance, and pep rally activities! Go Rams!
Free & Reduced Meals Form Due
If you have not done so already, please fill out and return this Free and Reduced School Meals form for the 2022-2023 school year. For full details regarding this form, please review the information at the beginning of the Friday, September 16, 2022 - Principal's Update.
Election for School Council Parent/Guardian Representatives - Tuesday, October 4, 2022 from 5:30pm - 7:30pm
The Election for School Council Parent/Guardian Representatives will take place in the cafeteria from 5:30pm - 7:30pm on Tuesday, October 4, 2022. All parents & legal guardians of current Shawsheen students are eligible to vote in the election. There are four candidates running for three open spots on the School Council. Click on the following link to learn more about the four candidates: Monday, September 26, 2022 - School Council Parent/Guardian Representative Candidates.
Reminder: Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC) Meets Next Week
The Shawsheen SEPAC will have its first meeting of the school year on Tuesday, October 4, 2022 at 6pm, prior to the PAC meeting scheduled for 7:30pm. SEPAC meetings are scheduled to occur 1 hour before PAC meetings on a monthly basis throughout the school year. Click on the following link to view all meeting dates for the 2022-2023 school year: PAC-SEPAC Dates 2022-2023.
School Council Meeting - Wednesday, October 5, 2022
The first School Council meeting of the 2022-2023 school year will take place at 2:30pm in the School Committee Room next Wednesday, October 5, 2022. You can view information on the School Council, updated regularly throughout the school year, at the following link: School Council - 2022-2023.
Quarter 1 Progress Reports
Today marks the mid-term for the first quarter of the school year. Quarter one progress reports will be published in the Aspen Family Portal by Friday, October 7, 2022. Parents/guardians and students will be notified via email once progress reports are available to view in Aspen.
Reminder: Meet & Greet Feedback Form Due by Friday, October 7, 2022
If you attended the Meet & Greet last week, please take a few minutes to complete the SVTHS Meet & Greet Feedback Form by next Friday. Since this was our first time offering a 'Meet & Greet' style parent/guardian-teacher night, we would love to get feedback from everyone who participated. We will use the results to inform our planning efforts for next year's event.
Reminder: Cap & Gown Orders Due by Friday, October 28, 2022
If you have not done so already, please view the information shared last week about how to order caps & gowns for graduation by clicking the following link: Cap & Gown Information for Seniors. Please note that the deadline to order is Friday, October 28, 2022.
Reminder: Varsity Home Football Game Information
The following message is from the Athletics Department:
Admission for varsity home football games is $3.00 for students & seniors citizens, and $5.00 for adults. Open containers, re-entry into the game and backpacks are not allowed.
- 2022-2023 School Calendar
- 2022-2023 Important Dates
- 2022-2023 Student Handbook
- 2022-2023 Program of Studies
- 2022-2023 School Improvement Plan
- Aspen Family Portal
- Shawsheen DCAP
- Submit a Ticket to the Ed Tech Help Desk
- What to Wear and Bring to Freshman Shop Exploratory
- Friday, September 30: Q1 Mid-Term
- Tuesday, October 4: School Council Parent/Guardian Representative Election - 5:30pm - 7:30pm in Cafeteria
- Tuesday, October 4: SEPAC Meeting at 6pm
- Tuesday, October 4: PAC Meeting at 7:30pm
- Wednesday, October 5: School Council Meeting - 2:30pm in School Committee Room
- Thursday, October 6: Homecoming Dance at Shawsheen - 6:30pm - 9:00pm
- Friday, October 7: Pep Rally
- Friday, October 7 - Sunday, October 11: Homecoming Weekend
- Monday, October 10: NO SCHOOL
- Wednesday, October 12: PSAT
- Thursday, October 13: Fall Advisory Dinner
- Wednesday, October 19: Half-Day - 10:43am Dismissal for Students
- Thursday, October 20: College Fair, 6pm-8pm
- Thursday, October 27: Make-up Day for School Photos
- Friday, October 28: Cap & Gown Orders Due: - Cap & Gown Information for Seniors