Today’s highly trained and professional automotive technician is in great demand and well compensated. Unlimited opportunities are what students in the Automotive Technology program will enjoy. In addition to developing a comprehensive set of skills in the automotive field, the program prepares students to achieve success with Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification. The latest equipment and computer resources mark a program that is certified in eight areas by the National Automotive Technicians Educational Foundation (NATEF).
- Engine Repair/Performance
- Electrical Systems
- Suspension and Steering
- AC and Heating
- Automatic Transmission/Transaxle
- Manual Drive Train/Axles
- OSHA 10-Hour Safety Credentials
- Applied Automotive Technology: Mathematics, Science and Theory
- General Automotive Repair Technician
- Automotive Machine Shop Technician
- Fleet Repair Technician
- Aircraft/Marine/Train Repair Technician
- Electronic Diagnostic/Transmission/Alignment Specialist
- Manufacturer’s Representative
- Service Writer/Manager/Owner
- Automotive Sales – Parts/Supplies
The Automotive program is NATEF certified. Upon graduation and future employment, students may obtain ASE certification in the eight automotive areas and may include their
shop hours toward those certifications.
Articulation agreements exist with several colleges for students to receive credit for coursework completed while at Shawsheen.
The Shawsheen Valley Technical High School Automotive Department is now accepting vehicle donations. Please contact the Automotive Technology Department at 978-671-3673 or Mcarter@Shawtech.org to donate your car, SUV or light-duty pickup truck.