Cosmetologists are not only hairstylists; they are also highly trained professionals skilled in a variety of areas in this creative, interpersonal and continually evolving profession. The Cosmetology program trains students to become professional cosmetologists by preparing them to succeed on the Massachusetts State Board Licensing Exam. Utilizing the busy on-campus, full-service salon clinic, students learn not only techniques and skills necessary for success, but also the sciences of the profession including anatomy and chemistry. Upon acquiring a Massachusetts State Board License, students are eligible to participate in the Cooperative Education program at local hair salons, and spas. The diverse curriculum also covers entrepreneurial skills with a focus on salon management. The instructors in the cosmetology shop are dedicated to prepare students for a productive future in the field of Cosmetology.
- Hair Styling/Design
- Braiding/Formal Hairstyling
- Nail Care
- Skin Care and waxing
- Coloring and Highlighting
- Permanent waving/Straightening
- Applied Cosmetology Mathematics, Science and Theory OSHA 10 Hour Safety Credential
- Trained in Hair Max Cosmetology Software Massachusetts State Board of Cosmetology Licensure
- Students work toward Massachusetts State Licensure by completing a 1,000-hour program by passing a written and practical demonstration examination.
- Tech Prep articulation agreements exist with several colleges for students to receive credit for coursework completed while at Shawsheen Tech.
- Esthetician (Skin Care Specialist)
- Make-up Artist
- Platform Artist
- Sales Representative/Distributor
- Salon Owner/Manager
**Some Cosmetology State Board Hours may be applied toward programs such as Barbering, Manicuring, and Esthetics.
Book an appointment today to support our students and Cosmetology program.
We provide services to the public during morning hours from 8am-11am (senior week) and 8:30 am to 11 am during the junior week. Please call our direct line (978) 671-3677 to book an appointment.
Students provide the following services at a significant saving:
- Shampoo and Blow-dry styling
- Roller sets
- Haircuts/Clipper Cuts/Kids cuts
- Scalp Treatments
- Basic Manicures
- Basic Facials and waxing
- Color/Foil highlight